Dear Parents of SISS Primary,
Welcome back to everyone, we wish you a healthy start to the New Year!
We would like to summarize the current regulations in place:
• In case of an infection with covid -19 the current quarantine is 14 days.
• In case of contact with a positive tested member in the household the current quarantine is 10 days.
Options of shortening the period of quarantine:
1) Pupils who are infected are allowed to return to school at the earliest on day 7
following the initial positive test on condition that they are symptom free and can provide a negative PCR test result.
2) Pupils who have been in contact with a positive tested member of their household are allowed to return to school at the earliest on day 5. They must be symptom free and have to provide proof of a negative Antigen rapid test (from a test centre) or a PCR test on their return.
School is required to see proof of all test result certification.
No vaccination status currently releases students from the obligation to follow the above
• Learning packages are available to children who have to stay at home because they have had contact with someone who has tested positive.
• Children who test positive do not receive learning packages at this stage; these children should be given time to get well and recover, as in the case of any sickness.
• In case of absence due to quarantine for travel reasons, children will receive the missed work upon their return to school.
Thank you for your understanding.
Uta Wetterich, January 7th, 2022